Skip to main content

March 26 bad memories


The school where I had the accident in



The month of March, and especially 26 of it, was associated with bad memories to me . This month, 25 years ago, I was a student . My left hand was broken in a dramatic and painful way.


I was playing with some of my friends near the fence of our school in the village. I fell from above and my hand was broken. I was carried on a motorcycle to the small town. I waited for more than an hour. They took me in an ambulance to Safi, a beautiful and ancient city.


I spent two weeks in Safi Hospital, where I met new patients and made friends, and I was stuck in remembering the painful pictures.


On 26 March 2004, I was in the city of Marrakech studying at the university when I received a call from my older brother telling me that my mother had died.


I was shocked and left and I was crying and I could not imagine that i will not see my mother again.


Since then I have not felt comfortable during March and especially the last ten days of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer in Morocco 2025: Traditions, Daily Life, and Cultural Rhythms

  Summer in Morocco in 2025 is not only about the heat and the sunshine; it is a season of social rhythms, cultural gatherings, and daily habits that shape life across the country. As temperatures rise, Moroccans naturally adapt their routines, shifting much of their activity into the cooler hours of the evening when families and friends fill the streets, cafés, and seaside promenades. In coastal cities such as Casablanca, Rabat, and Tangier, the Atlantic breeze softens the summer atmosphere, turning the evenings into lively social occasions. Families stroll along the corniche, children play near the water, and young people gather in open cafés where mint tea and fresh juices remain essential companions to conversation. This nightly migration toward public spaces is one of the most distinctive features of Moroccan summer life. In Marrakech, Fez, and the historic towns of the interior, the story takes a different turn. The heat of the day pushes life into the shaded alleys of the...

7 places to visit in Morocco this year

  Alex-azabache via unsplash   Morocco is an important gateway to the African continent, and it is also a gateway for Africans and Arabs to Europe, as it is only 14 kilometers away from Spain across the Mediterranean Sea, and it is also the best tourist destination.   Many tourists visited Morocco in the summer and many visited it in the winter. Morocco is distinguished by its magical nature, which includes all seasons and different places from the sea and golden sands to snow in the Atlas Mountains, running rivers, and sandy oases in the southeast.   You can’t visit Morocco and not pass through some beautiful areas, especially in the winter, which will make you cross from Europe towards Africa in a few hours without knowing it, as if you have crossed a long history between nations.   In this article, we will present to you the 7 most important Moroccan tourist cities that you can plan to visit this winter, enjoy the experience and record memories through your m...

The Moroccan teams revive tourism in Morocco after the pandemic (Data)

  The historic achievement of the Moroccan women's team The historic achievement of the Moroccan women's team in the World Cup in Australia as the first Arab country to reach the competition and qualify for the second round revived the tourism sector again. According to our sources, the tourism sector has recovered significantly by the end of the year 2022, driven by the achievement of the Moroccan national team in the World Cup in Qatar, where it ranked fourth as the first Arab and African country to reach the golden square in the history of the World Cup. According to a statement by the National Airports Office, “The outcome of air traffic from the beginning of 2022 until the end of November 2022 showed that Moroccan airports recorded a growth in recovery rates compared to the same period in 2019, when 80 percent of passenger traffic and 82 percent of aircraft traffic were received.”, which represents 18,467,415 passengers and 157,687 aircraft movements for all airports. Mor...